landline call charges

• 7 September 2023
  • 8 replies

I have an inclusive call contract but have just been charged for calling a private normal landline locally. How can that be ?

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps the number called is not included in your plan’s inclusive calls allowance @Peter222. 

There’s more about this online at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/call-charges.

Thanks, that's what I thought so checked that it's just a normal number. I had called this number last month without charge.

It's a Reading number and therfore the area code is 0118. Wonder of they are confusing it ?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Anything is possible @Peter222. 
Mysterious billing issues do seem to crop-up in forum posts from time-to-time. 

Perhaps the leading 0 was inadvertently missed when calling the number. 
All calls are itemised in the PDF copy of your iD bill @Peter222. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Peter222 

Please could you let us know what the charge is tagged as in your bill?

Was the first 0 missed as @andewhite suggested?

Tom

Hi I'm  new to this network and think I'm going to have the same issue. My first call was local to dentist  but Reading is 0118 code. Never been charged by previous network. Already have a 45p charge and although they have credited me this time as they said it was a business call I'm  thinking what about most of my other calls . It took ages to find live chat but guess I'll have to do it all again

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

…​ 
​​​It took ages to find live chat but guess I'll have to do it all again

You can also ‘speak’ privately to iD customer service using Facebook Messenger, or X (Twitter) DM. 
This may be easier than online Live Chat. 

Not sure what live chat agent was thinking - calls to numbers starting 01 are included in your plan call allowance @Louise. Y. 

Thanks, that's useful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Louise. Y.,

Please let us know if you require further assistance.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?