Question

new sim

• 17 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Ive put my new sim into my phone but its not letting me send messages or make calls, just saying not regitered to a network.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Karen Hunter,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with the SIM.

Is this a new SIM for a new contract or a replacement SIM?

If it’s a replacement SIM card it will first need to be activated.

If it’s a new contract SIM card it should already be activated. Can you please test the SIM in a different handset and let us know if it works.

If you have the same issue we will need to get a new one sent.

Kash

Its a rrplacment sim for a new contract, already activated.dont have another handset to try it in

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Doesn’t sound like the ‘new’ replacement SIM has been activated @Karen Hunter.

I have tried to activate it and it wont ,as i dsid it sats its already activated. Getting really annoyed now as i have a phone that is no use to me. Cant nake ir recieve calls, messages or use my mobile data. Customer service are non existent,  i need this sorted or i will cancel my contract with id. Four days this has been going on now. Not happy

I have tried the sim card in another handset and it makes no diffrence. Getting really annoyed now

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Karen Hunter 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?