Solved

New Sim Not working

• 13 November 2021
  • 6 replies

I have received my new sim card and provided PAC code to yourselves to port old number over. I am still receiving coverage from my old network (02) however when i put my ID mobile sim in it does not bring anything up and doesn’t recognise the sim. I have tried all the trouble shooting with no success. The phone is compatible and ive tried switching off etc. Can you please advise?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by andewhite 15 November 2021, 15:24

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Sharron Wall,

Have you ensured that your phone is not locked to O2/another network?

Regarding the number port, when did you submit your PAC code? If this was done on a Friday then the number should be fully across by Monday.

Ryan

Hi Ryan thank you for reply

The phone is not locked (it was my sons before me-different network) it was a Friday however i was expecting the ID mobile number to work? Or because it’s being ported is it out of use?

Sharron 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Sharron Wall 

When you put the iD sim inside your phone it should work regardless of a Port being in progress. Please can you test the iD sim in a different phone to see if you are getting any service? 

-Mohsin

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi Ryan thank you for reply

The phone is not locked (it was my sons before me-different network) it was a Friday however i was expecting the ID mobile number to work? Or because it’s being ported is it out of use?

Sharron 

If you requested your port on Friday 12-Nov-2021 BEFORE 17:30, it won’t be completed until up to 22:00 today.

If your request was after 17:30 last Friday, then it won’t be completed until up to 22:00 tomorrow (16-Nov-2021).

Here are the exact timescales:

Give us your PAC by: Date you'll switch to iD:

Monday before 5:30 pm

Tuesday

Monday after 5:30pm to Tuesday before 5:30pm

Wednesday

Tuesday after 5:30 pm to Wednesday before 5:30 pm

Thursday

Wednesday after 5:30 pm to Thursday before 5:30 pm

Friday

Thursday after 5:30 pm to Friday before 5:30 pm

Monday

Friday after 5:30 pm to Monday 5:30pm

Tuesday

Anyway, good luck.

Hi @Sharron Wall 

When you put the iD sim inside your phone it should work regardless of a Port being in progress. Please can you test the iD sim in a different phone to see if you are getting any service? 

-Mohsin

Mohsin- I have no service at all from Sim- I have live chatted and got absoloutly no where. The Chat stated that it wont work till 6 tomorrow, so i should be able to make calls on the ID mobile number untill my old number is ported? But i can not?

Sharron

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Sharron Wall 

We are sorry to hear this. We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.  
To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?