Question

No data connection abroad

• 3 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

What do you do, when there is no data connection on the mobile network abroad in the Europe? Roaming is on of course. 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Have you enabled the option on the handset to allow data connection when roaming?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Yes, of course. I tried to call someone at ID because my phone is working but I forgot that there is no one to talk to.

One of the things that is really interesting is that if you don’t have internet connection you cannot search for the contact number - something to keep in mind.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

What do you do, when there is no data connection on the mobile network abroad in the Europe? Roaming is on of course. 

Hello @user2021,

If you’re sure data roaming is enabled in your iD My Account online and on your phone (sometimes it’s off by default), then check your APN settings.

If you can make and receive calls and texts, but not use data, it’s most likely because your APN settings are not up to date.

In your phone settings, check your mobile data settings and in the APN field, make sure ‘id’ is entered. Hopefully this solves your data issue - good luck!

Why iD Mobile?