Solved

Ordering a Pay as you go sim without 3 years UK address

• 5 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone,

I just relocated to the UK and need an unlimited data plan. First I tried getting a contract, which didn't work as I don't have 3 years of UK addresses. Then I tried ordering a PAYG SIM, only to have the same problem.

I tried getting one in a Currys, they said they don't sell PAYG idMobile SIMs. I can't find a phone number anywhere that I could order from, and the Live Chat is broken for me(and it says it requires to have a plan in the first place...)

So, how do I get a PAYG SIM?

Cheers

icon

Best answer by andewhite 5 April 2023, 21:05

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Try calling the iD telephone sales team on 020 7139 1397 @Peterpri.

You don’t need 3-years UK address history to order a PAYG SIM card from iD Mobile.

They can be purchased online at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/shop/plans/pay-as-you-go/sim-only.

🍀 

Userlevel 1

Oh damn, so you're right, I did manage to order it without 3 years of addresses. It tells you in the process that it does require the 3 years, but then accepts just one current address anyway. I just never went past that page before...

Thanks a lot!

So if anyone from idMobile reads this, you should change this in the order process to not stop people from ordering your product.

Edit: Also if what they told me at Currys is true, you should update the page to not say you can get a PAYG SIM in a Currys.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Edit: Also if what they told me at Currys is true, you should update the page to not say you can get a PAYG SIM in a Currys.

Unfortunately, it seems Currys can be a lottery if you’re looking for iD Mobile assistance - sometimes you hit the jackpot, but more often you don’t.

It shouldn’t be that way - both are owned by the same holding company, and iD even use Currys to process their trade-in handsets.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Oh damn, so you're right, I did manage to order it without 3 years of addresses. It tells you in the process that it does require the 3 years, but then accepts just one current address anyway. I just never went past that page before...

Thanks a lot!

So if anyone from idMobile reads this, you should change this in the order process to not stop people from ordering your product.

Thanks for your feedback.

@Nikhil P 

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?