Solved

Pay as you go sims - wifi calling / 5G

• 15 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Do all iD Mobile Pay as you go sim cards come with 5G and wifi calling as standard on the £6 and £8 sims or are these features for pay monthly customers only? I have a compatible phone Already.

icon

Best answer by Michelle 16 October 2021, 13:59

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @acuk 

Our SIM cards are all 5G ready. Further information about compatibility can be found via the below link:

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Userlevel 1

Hi, I spoke with one of your Currys Colleagues a couple of days ago who advised me that the iD Mobile Pay as you go sim that I wanted to buy was 4G not 5G? See link to item below:

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/phones-broadband-and-sat-nav/mobile-phones-and-accessories/sim-cards/idmobile-4g-sim-card-8-4-gb-10213985-pdt.html

I've also noticed that the product description on the website has 4G in it and no mention of 5G?

Please can you confirm which is correct?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @acuk 

All 4G plans/SIM cards will have 5G enabled.

Thanks

Michelle

Userlevel 1

OK that's great, so I should connect to 5G straight away then once in a 5G coverage area regardless of it being advertised as 4G sim in Currys? Also would the PAYG sim be set up for wifi calling? (as I have a compatible phone already for both features)

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @acuk 

If you have a compatible device and 5G is available within your area you should have no issues connecting to 5G.

The WiFi calling should also work if you have a compatible phone.

Thanks

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Why iD Mobile?