Question

Proof of Sim Cancellation

• 25 June 2023
  • 9 replies

Hoping someone can help.…

I ordered a monthly SIM for my son, which ended up being canceled before he even used it.

On messaging live chat they told me the live chat feet would be sent through (which it was - regarding cancellation) but an email would also come through basically saying the same. The email I needed to be passing onto his dad showing it was cancelled, but as yet nothing has came through. With no email address it's quite a struggle going through 50million questions on live chat just to be getting this email sent. Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions what I can do?

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You will be billed from the point of dispatch/activation right up until the time you cancel, regardless if you used the service or not. So don’t cancel the direct debit!

Regarding proof of Cancellation, you will need to speak to live chat (again).

It's not been cancelled, but will be soon enough as that been more than 6 weeks now. Is there no email address for them? It would be so much easier than having to go through Live Chat again 😭

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You’re confusing me… You said in an earlier post that it had been cancelled?

Are you saying you requested an account to be closed but it wasn’t actioned by iD Mobile?

I just want an email sent to pass onto my ex detailing the fact the SIM card is cancelled, no longer in us and no money will come out my son's account 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You’re jumping all over the place. Who’s name is the account in that you want confirmation of closure, yours?? 

iD Mobile support is 100% online, there is no telephone support. You will need to speak to live chat again or DM them through one of their social media accounts. As I mentioned above, a final bill will be generated once the account is closed and payment will be collected shortly after.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Debbiedoo,

Welcome to the Community!

We hope that you managed to get in contact and get the issue resolved.

If the account is in your name and you require further assistance, please let us know and we will PM you.

Kash

Not resolved yet Kash

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Debbiedoo 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?