Question

Sim Expiry Time

• 5 April 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I would like to know the conditions to prevent the sim getting cancelled.

From what I’ve seen on this forum I would have to make a £5 top-up each 365 days to keep my account balance from expiring for another 365 days. Is this right?

I assume I would also have to send a text or use 4g once every so often to keep the number active. Could you please confirm this?

Thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @DC735 

I believe if you bought a Pay As You Go SIM that should remain active just as long as it’s topped up once every 6 months.  

It would only be if a “bundle” was purchased in which it would expire after 30-days.  Bundles tend to be more cost-effective for those who will more frequently be using the SIM.

General “credit” on the SIM should sit there for at least a year from what I’ve seen in the past.  Though to keep the number active (and not be auto-disconnected) a top up would need to be done at least once every 6 months.
https://www.idmobile.co.uk/shop/plans/pay-as-you-go/sim-only
Naturally too you’re in no contract with Pay As You Go.  So if something else came to be a better fit for the situation you’re trying to help with then you’re not tied to anything at least.

Outside of that the next best thing we could suggest would be to get one of our lowest priced Pay-Monthly SIM’s. 

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?