Question

Sim only

Userlevel 1

My contract ended at the end of last month. I enquired about a Sim only deal but I got no reply and I'm still being charged the same rate - £21+/month. The only thing I can do from my end is cancel the DD.

Regards,

Stan

12 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If the minimum-term for your handset contract has ended, you’ll need to CHANGE or UPDATE to another plan to reduce the cost @Stan Watt.

Do this from your iD account online, or the app, but make sure you are signed-in when making the change.

Cancelling your DD won’t cancel your iD contract @Stan Watt - all you’ll do is stop the payment method used for your iD account, which me you could fall into arrears, leading iD to pass your debt to a collection agency.

Otherwise, get a PAC from iD and transfer your mobile number to another provider.
When your new provider use the PAC (from iD), your iD account will be closed.

Userlevel 1

I bought a new phone from iDmobile via Carphone Warehouse and it's been a disaster. My new operator is EE and my plan changed. I changed (I thought) my old phone to sim only but, somehow, that didn't go through. I emailed a named contact at iDm but never got a reply. My new and old phone have the same number showing but if I call my new phone from my old, my old number shows.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sorry to hear that @Stan Watt.

I’m confused - how are EE involved?

Your original post only mentioned iD Mobile - how did you change your iD Mobile contract to SIM only plan after the minimum term? 

Userlevel 1

Apparently, the new phone came with EE as a provider. I was quite puzzled because I thought I was going to be with iD. I got a statement and bill from EE and another with iD!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Personally, I’d go back to Carphone Warehouse to get this sorted. 

There’s no way should EE be involved whatsoever - Carphone Warehouse only sell airtime from iD Mobile, Vodafone and VOXI, with their handsets.

Good luck @Stan Watt.

Userlevel 1

Cheers, I will. This should have been a straightforward new phone with iD and not the mess it's been.

Cheers.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you purchased in-store, I guess sales staff might be more interested in hitting a revenue target, instead of seeing customers are happy.

Anyway, good luck @Stan Watt.

Userlevel 1

No, I bought it online because the nearest shop to me is an hours drive away - I live in the sticks. I've emailed them to find out what's happened. I don't mind having one phone on EE and the other one on iD.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

It’s hard to understand how you’ve received an EE SIM card with your handset you ordered online from Carphone Warehouse. They can only sell iD Mobile and Vodafone SIM cards.

It might be several days before you get a reply to your email @Stan Watt
🍀

Userlevel 1

WellI have an EE DD set up to take money out of my account. Somehow it's in there and Vodafone is in the mix too. I have no idea how mashed up it's become.

Userlevel 1

That EE DD has been rescinded. Looks like I was hacked or something. It's the only thing I can think of. Anyhow, all sorted.

Thank you all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Stan Watt 

As @andewhite mentioned purchasing via Carphone Warehouse/Currys wouldn’t have the option of EE with a phone, so we’d recommend letting your bank know that something has happened or if necessary the police.

Please let us know if you need anything from iD Mobile.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?