Question

Sim size issue

• 23 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi, I bought a sim only from you for use in a security alarm panel in my garage and not to go into a mobile phone. The Sim bay on the panel is the old standard size and I don’t have access to a phone that takes a standard Sim (mine takes a nano) so I am unable to activate the card. Can you help please - I’m not sure what to do next?

Thanks

Mick 

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Are you serious?; just pop out the required size from the sim sent. It caters for the 3 sizes.

Are you serious?; just pop out the required size from the sim sent. It caters for the 3 sizes.

I think you misunderstand, I need the Sim in Standard sized bay, if I break it down to go in my phone it will be too small for the Standard bay - can you put them back together once they have been reduced in size? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I think you misunderstand, I need the Sim in Standard sized bay, if I break it down to go in my phone it will be too small for the Standard bay - can you put them back together once they have been reduced in size? 

Yes just carefully take it out and then put it back in again

Userlevel 3

Hiya, If you pop it out to use in your phone and then wish to change it back to the bigger size you can get adapters.

They are available in Currys (I believe around £5) or you can get them easily enough online and then you can safely place the nano sim (or whatever you pop out) into the adapter to change it back to the size you need. 

Doing it that way will be far easier than trying to force it back into the plastic holder that the Sim card comes in.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Mick Moorhouse,

Welcome to the Community!

If you need the SIM to go into a standard SIM card or Micro SIM you can obtain a replacement SIM from your local Curry’s store for free.

Once you have got the SIM you will need to have it activated. 

Please let us know here or via an alternative contact method and we can get it activated.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?