The worst mobile network I've encountered in 25 years

• 20 April 2023
  • 1 reply

I've left iD Mobile after less than 2 weeks. 

Despite checking coverage before joining, the signal was non-existent where I lived, and very poor everywhere nearby. (And I live 5 miles from the centre of a major city, not in the Highlands of Scotland.)

In the less-than 2 weeks I was with iD, I spent around 8 hrs using the awful "live chat" thing - half the time waiting to be connected to a customer service agent (with the wildly varying "estimated wait time", which would go down and then back up again) , and the other half waiting ages for them to type responses. 

And every time you contact them, you have to explain everything again, right from the beginning - they don't seem to keep any records of interactions with customers (or else they don't read them). 

And whilst you can print a PDF copy of your "chat" with an agent, it prints as an image, so it's impossible to copy-and-paste in future chats. So it's basically useless. 

It was a nightmare actually getting connected in the first place, and another one trying to leave. 

But I am finally free! 

​​​

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Dragonfly,

Welcome to the Community!

We are sorry to hear about the coverage issues that you had and also the issues with Live Chat.

iD Mobile is always working to improve services.

If there is anything that we can help with please let us know but we will be sure to take the feedback onboard.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?