Question

Transfer of old number

• 10 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi - when I purchased ID SIM I asked for my old number (with different provider) to be transferred across to by ID SIM today. I want to be 100% sure that this will happen today - please confirm that the transfer will happen today and how will I know that it has happened (I still have my old SIM card on my phone) - when I try to complete the online form re PAC number, I get following message “We've tried to process your PAC, but there is an issue with the information you've submitted. Please check that you have provided the correct details and try again.” I hope this means that the transfer is already happening but I want to be 100% sure as I am going abroad tomorrow.

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

One of most common reasons for this error is that new customers have already submitted their old provider’s PAC to iD Mobile, typically at the point of purchase.

A PAC is valid for 30-days, from the date of issue, and can only be used once.

Good luck @TahirKhan1974

Userlevel 1

Hi - when I purchased ID SIM I asked for my old number (with different provider) to be transferred across to by ID SIM today. I want to be 100% sure that this will happen today - please confirm that the transfer will happen today and how will I know that it has happened (I still have my old SIM card on my phone) - when I try to complete the online form re PAC number, I get following message “We've tried to process your PAC, but there is an issue with the information you've submitted. Please check that you have provided the correct details and try again.” I hope this means that the transfer is already happening but I want to be 100% sure as I am going abroad tomorrow.

Also make you’ve completed your profile as I was getting this message too until I did that.

Direct link here https://my.idmobile.co.uk/web/cpw/dashboard?p_p_id=selfcare_WAR_selfcareportlet&p_p_lifecycle=0&p_p_state=normal&p_p_mode=view&p_p_col_id=column-1&p_p_col_count=1&_selfcare_WAR_selfcareportlet_pageId=myProfile

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @TahirKhan1974,

Given that you haven’t since contacted back, has the port ocurred fine? Let us know if you still have issues.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?