Question

Visa payments not accepted on recurring bundles from 1 Nov

• 27 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi there,

I received this message today: 

Hi, from November 1st, Visa card payments for recurring Pay as you go bundles will fail. Don't worry - you can still use a Visa card to purchase one-off bundles or top-ups, or you could use a Mastercard to buy a recurring bundle. To manage your Pay as you go plan, please use the iD Mobile app.

Can you please advise what’s happening and why this change? 
I rely on automatic payment for my recurring bundle and I only have Visa payment cards. Your message says that I won’t be able to set a recurring payment using Visa card anymore which would mean I’d have to do manual top ups. This is going to be super inconvenient for me because I’d 100% forget to do that. Also any time I tried to top up my account with a one off payment using the mobile app, they payment always failed (and I’ve seen other users reporting the same issue). 

What am I supposed to do if I don’t have a non-Visa payment card and want my recurring bundle to be paid for automatically?

thanks,

Agnes  

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi there,

I received this message today: 

Hi, from November 1st, Visa card payments for recurring Pay as you go bundles will fail. Don't worry - you can still use a Visa card to purchase one-off bundles or top-ups, or you could use a Mastercard to buy a recurring bundle. To manage your Pay as you go plan, please use the iD Mobile app.

What am I supposed to do if I don’t have a non-Visa payment card and want my recurring bundle to be paid for automatically?

thanks,

Agnes  

Perhaps it’s time to think about switching to another PAYG provider @Agness - a provider that’ll allow you to use a VISA card to automatically renew your bundle.

ASDA Mobile, giffgaff, LEBARA, SMARTY and others might allow you to do this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Agness,

Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately this isn’t something that we can’t change.

Most UK banks are now moving from Visa to Mastercard so if you do have a master debit card you can set the reoccurring bundle this way.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?