Question

Cancelled wrong direct debit and cant reinstate

• 27 March 2021
  • 6 replies

I mistakenly cancelled my direct debit for my new SIM and cannot reinstate this as I’ve now lost the new SIM. My phone still has the old SIM inserted so when I try to pay I’m taken to the account for old SIM in the ID app and not my new account, so I’ve no way to pay the outstanding balance. 

I want to cancel the old contract as this has now expired but need a replacement SIM for the new contract. 
I need to speak to someone urgently to sort this out as I’m being chased for the outstanding balance against my new SIM. Tried live chat but no help at all. 

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

I mistakenly cancelled my direct debit for my new SIM and cannot reinstate this as I’ve now lost the new SIM. My phone still has the old SIM inserted so when I try to pay I’m taken to the account for old SIM in the ID app and not my new account, so I’ve no way to pay the outstanding balance. 

I want to cancel the old contract as this has now expired but need a replacement SIM for the new contract. 
I need to speak to someone urgently to sort this out as I’m being chased for the outstanding balance against my new SIM. Tried live chat but no help at all. 

Can someone please contact me to sort this out as I have two ID accounts instead of one, and for the new account I want to keep I’ve mistakenly cancelled the direct debit and can’t reinstate because I’ve lost the SIM so can’t create an account in order to pay  

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Tooty, we can help with reinstating the Direct Debit, so long as it’s the same bank account as before. I’ll drop you a private message shortly so we can arrange this and send out a new SIM for you.

Thank you,

Rory

I’ve responded to the PM but no one has got back to me since to confirm my Direct debit has been reinstated.  Can someone please advise?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Tooty 

Someone from our back office team will respond to your Private Message. Thank you for your continued patience.

-Mohsin

Someone has responded and confirmed my DD has been reinstated and they told me to pay the arrears manually by calling 7777. I’ve tried calling this number and it takes me to my other account which is paid up to date . The arrears are on my new account for which I’ve lost my SIM so can’t create an ID account to pay the arrears manually. I need a new SIM card but no one has confirmed whether or not this has been sent. Please advise as I’m getting final demand letters!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Tooty 

Someone in our back office team will respond to your Private message. Thank you for your continued patience. 

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?