Solved

Capped Limit on certain numbers

• 23 December 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi all

good afternoon to everyone. 

I’m new to ID and have a £8 per month sim card with unlimited calls/texts and 12GB data.

I tried to call someone today but the call woudl not connect and I got a voice message stating that I had reached my cap limit and that I need to change the limit.

I have made about 5 minutes of phonce calls to UK numbers since I activated the SIM( 19/12/20) and have hardly used any data and zero SMSs.

I can call other numbers and it seems to be working fine. However, another number, a UK mobile, will not connect and am at a loss to know why.

Any ideas

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 30 December 2020, 12:39

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @mav180,

Is the number a standard 07 number or a UK landline number?

What’s the first 4 digits of the number?

There’s standard 07 numbers and also non-standard 07 numbers. 

I believe these are special numbers that look like UK phone numbers but carry a chargeable rate for calling.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/nonstandard07numbers

Here’s a list of some of these number beginnings.

Mohammed

Thanks, Mohammed

The first four digits are 0779

The URL you supplied does not work. 

This is the error message:

The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.

Your support ID is: 1196205309317463420

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @mav180 

Do you know if the number in question is just a regular personal use mobile number?

If so, then generally speaking the call should go through fine.

The only thing we can think of that could be a problem is if the number you’re calling is a chargeable line to call.  In which case, if you have a cap on your account, you’d need to increase the limit set before you’d be able to call the number for longer.

Hi there @mav180 

Do you know if the number in question is just a regular personal use mobile number?

If so, then generally speaking the call should go through fine.

The only thing we can think of that could be a problem is if the number you’re calling is a chargeable line to call.  In which case, if you have a cap on your account, you’d need to increase the limit set before you’d be able to call the number for longer.

Thanks, Kevin.

As far as I know, it’s a standard number. 

The message has now changed to ‘Sorry, we have been unable to connect your call’ 

I assume that means it’s a problem with the other persons ‘phone/number. Strangely, if I call via whatsapp, it connects straight away and I can chat. Strange.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @mav180,

Whatsapp will just connect the call via WiFi using the Whatsapp service so we’d expect this to work if they’ve got Whatsapp setup correctly.

The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.

Your support ID is: 1196205309317463420

Try accessing via Incognito or private browsing.

Checking online 0779 doesn't appear to be a standard UK mobile number which would explain why this issue is being faced.

We don’t have any further info on this, unfortunately.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?