Solved

Changing from a SIM only ID deal to a contract phone with ID sim

• 26 November 2018
  • 4 replies

I have an ID sim.
I want to take out a contract using the same phone number.

If i get a contract and the phone comes with an ID SIM how do i transfer the number from my old sim-only to my new contract based phone which has an ID sim in it ?

Normally i would just get a PAC code from the originating network (ID) and giver that to the new SIM provider and the number would switch BUT in this case I am switching to the same network (ID). I obviously want to keep my old phone number so do i get a PAC code from ID and then give it back to ID on the new phone?? Sounds mad.

Apologies if this is a dumb question.
icon

Best answer by terrywebbs 27 November 2018, 19:35

View original

4 replies

Badge +10
Hi

All mad things are the simple things!

Actually this time ID Mobile has a great simple account dashboard feature called 'My Upgrade'
Select the phone you want and ID Mobile do the rest.

If you use this your old sim deal will become a new mobile phone deal with the same number.
No need for a PAC code.

You just swap over the SIM card from your old phone into the new one, simples.
@terrywebbs Sorry, where is this 'account dashboard' you're speaking of? I log into my account online to the home page and can't see any link to 'My Upgrade'. Are you referring to the 'End my Plan' page then then 'View the latest upgrade deals' ? I think so. In this case, will the phone arrive and can we just leave it until Xmas Day (since it is a Xmas present for my daughter) and then swap the SIM card over and, voila, the new phone replaces the old one? Seems like this is so, I just want to verify.

Can you also verify that the old SIM-only contract will automatically cease and be replaced by the new phone based contract? I guess i will have to cancel the direct debit (of course) but don't want to inadvertently cancel the new phone-based contract.

Thanks Terry,
Badge +10
I suppose you are already on a term based plan already hence the difference in dashboard layouts.
Yes that would be the right course of action to follow the latest upgrade deals from that account.
Do not cancel any direct debits, ID Mobile will change the amounts and stop the old one as part of the upgrade.

If you upgrade from the account for the old sim card then you will not need to cancel anything.
According to the FAQ page on the ID Mobile site at this link:
https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/faq

What exactly is an upgrade?
An upgrade is when you extend the length of your plan with us. You keep your existing number, but you can change your plan details if you wish. You can also upgrade to a new phone.

Just make sure you are logged in on the old account and follow the upgrade options.
The upgrade will create a new fixed term contract with ID Mobile automatically cancelling and replacing the old one.

What happens if I upgrade part of the way through my current billing month?
You'll receive a pro-rated credit for your original line rental, and a pro-rated charge for your new plan. You'll also be charged a full month's line rental in advance of your upcoming bill. And finally, any out of bundle charges for the previous month will also be applied.
Thanks Terry you’re a star !

Why iD Mobile?