Question

End of phone contract

My 24 month phone contract ends on 6 May 2020.  I am happy with my phone and wish to keep it, also wish to keep my current number and move onto pay monthly SIM only contract.  Tried to do this on line instead I have ordered and received a new SIM card.  I have not activated new SIM.  Don't know how to proceed as cannot make any contact at all on chat line.  Any advice appreciated.

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Welly 

I have sent you a direct message with more information. 

Regards

Aklima 

My contract ends 24/06/2020 I am happy with my phone and want to go simm only on the £8:00 sim contract and wish to keep the same number how much will it cost 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Graham white 

Welcome to iD Community.

You can simply change your plan to a 30-day SIM in the app at the end of your contract.

It’s really quick and usually takes a few hours, before your new plan is live. You can find out how to change your plan here.

Once you’re out of your 24-month contract, there won’t be a fee to change your plan, however your first bill after you process your change may look a bit different than usual.

If you’ve already paid for your old plan, then you process a plan change, we’ll be sure to credit you for the over payment, and this will appear on your next bill. So, you don’t have to do it on the day your contact ends, as we’ll credit the difference, but if you’re changing your plan and not upgrading, do it after your contract ends.

Once you’ve changed your plan to a 30 day SIM, you can change your plan once every 30 days, so it’s worth keeping an eye on what’s available for you to change to. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks, 

Pearl

What will it cost to end contract 24/06/2020 go to sim only and keep same number

Can I keep same number staying with ID And moving to sim only when contract finishes 24/06/2020

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

What will it cost to end contract 24/06/2020 go to sim only and keep same number

Hello @Graham white,

In the last 24-days of your contract, log into the iD app/account.

Click “My Account” then click “Upgrade”

Find “SIM Only” and find the plan you want to upgrade to and complete this.

It won’t cost you any extra to do this and we’ll re-calculate your next bill to ensure you’re charged for the SIM-only plan from the date of your upgrade.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?