Question

Keeping number when upgrading

• 30 April 2020
  • 9 replies

Hi,

I upgraded yesterday and ordered a new phone, and when it said ‘keep my old number’ it just said that I will get more information at checkout. However, when I got to checkout and completed it I didn’t receive any information. I am now not sure how to keep my old number when my new phone arrives - it is a new plan as well as a new phone. I’d be very grateful for any ideas!

Thanks

Calum

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hey @MillerMiller99,

When you purchase an upgrade, the number will stay the same automatically as it’s just the plan that will change on the system. If you can log into your account, can you see the change of plan? Please note, it can take up to 24 hours to show this change.

Ryan

I’m still on my old phone as my new one hasn’t come yet (it’s been over 24 hours but I haven’t had the order confirmed yet). Will it only change when my order is confirmed? And then at what point will the plan change from my old phone to my new phone?

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @MillerMiller99,

Your plan should change on your account when you log in within 24-hours of your upgrade being dispatched. If the plan has not changed by then please let us know.

Ryan

Thanks Ryan. Will my old phone then stop working?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @MillerMiller99 

Your old phone should continue to work as normal although you have upgraded. 

Hope this helps. 

Aklima

I’m confused. How will both my new phone and my old phone both be working if I’ve upgraded and should only be paying for one? Will my new phone have my old number?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @MillerMiller99 

The old phone in terms of the handset should work fine. 

If you have upgraded and activated your new sim this will be the only sim card to work. 

I hope this helps. 

Regards 

Aklima

Sorry I’m still totally confused. I previously had phone A, I upgraded via the app to get phone B and a new data plan. I have been sent phone B plus a new sim. If I want to use my new phone but with my old number, do I just put the old sim in my new phone? Or do I use the new sim and somehow transfer my number over? If the latter, how do I transfer it over? Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

HI @MillerMiller99 

Yes, you can use the old SIM and insert it in the new phone B.

When you upgrade, a new SIM is automatically sent out. You don't have to use new SIM it is sent to you "just in case" if you need it. Your old SIM will work just fine.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you encounter any issues.

Pearl

Why iD Mobile?