Question

Mobile broken

• 20 April 2020
  • 7 replies

Hello. I have a contract with id. My phone is an ALCATEL IDOL 4. The screen is broken and the phone is not functioning. I have been in touch with the manufacturer and they can do nothing. I cannot upgrade, which is due, because the phone is not working.

How can I upgrade without a functioning phone?

Thank you for your support.

Sheila Crowe

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Sheila Crowe 

Are you due an upgrade at the moment? 

Regards 

Aklima

Yes.  My phone has been broken for about 3 weeks now and I cannot get into it.  Contacted Alcatel who were very helpful but still couldn’t get into phone.  I am very keen to upgrade.

Regards

Sheila Crowe

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Sheila Crowe 

Please log into your account via a laptop or iPad. 

You can view available upgrade deals by checking whether you are eligible to upgrade in the iD App or My Account.

1.Select my account from the main menu, which is located at the top left of the screen for app users, or on the left-hand side if you’re in My Account).

2. If you are eligible to upgrade, you will see the upgrade now option. You can select that option to view and purchase current upgrade deals available to you.

3.  If you are not eligible to upgrade, you can select the 'Check if I can upgrade' option within the manage my plan section. You will then be shown the reason you are not currently eligible.

Hope this helps. 

Aklima

Aklima

Thank you for this. Unfortunately I cannot log on to my account on line because I have forgotten my password. In order to reset a message will be sent to my phone, which of course is broken so I cannot progress with resetting the password/username. Could the reset message be sent to my email address? Please advise.

Sheila Crowe

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Sheila Crowe 

Thank you for confirming this.

I have sent you a private message with more information.

Regards 

Aklima 

Thank you this Aklima. Where do I locate the message? My email address is 

sheilacrowe@hotmail.co.uk. 

Kind regards

Sheila Crowe

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Sheila Crowe 

You can view this by accessing my account then clicking on private message. 

Or going onto the email sent as notification (please check junk folder)

Aklima 

Why iD Mobile?