Question

No Customer Service or Live Chat!!

• 5 October 2020
  • 5 replies

I have tried many times to speak to Customer Services directly for over two weeks on behalf of my elderly and recently widowed father, but to no avial -  both the Contact Number just goes around in circles and ends up nowhere and Live Chat button never appears!  

My elderly parents shared a mobile which my mother mainly used but she has recently died, although the monthly payment still comes out of their joint account.  My father has taken over the phone and is trying to get up to speed, but cannot find the contract details to find out what term is remaining, what he is entitled to etc - or possibility of upgrading the phone. 

His attempts to speak to anyone at ID Mobile directly have frustrated if not blocked at every turn, so he asked me for help - which I have also failed to do as there is no way to call someone directly, while Live Chat simply does not exist.  My mother picked this company because it was recommended by Which, yet there is no direct contact for customer enquiries which is appalling - especially for older customers who are not as computer savvy as others.

I have therefore had to register just to be able to post this question, rather than telephone someone with my father beside me as I had planned.  Please can someone contact me so we can organise the information my father needs emailed to him to review.  I have seen similar postings on this site, so clearly the problem is not unusual and needs to be resolved asap!

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @FedUpWithIDMobile,

We are sorry to hear about the passing of your mother and the situation that your father is in, please accept our condolences at this time; we will try to help here.

Is the contract in the name of your mother or your father? We are unable to change the named owner of a contract you see so if it is in the name of your mother and your father wants to keep the number then it would be advisable for the executor of her estate/will to get in touch to let us know about the situation and we can then issue a PAC code to allow the number to be transferred to another network and to a plan in your fathers name.

If the contract is not in his name, are you the executor of her estate/will or is that your father?
If the contract is in his name, please can you assist him with getting in touch with us here on this post and we’ll run through everything that you mentioned with him?

Ryan

Hi Ryan

Thanks for your response.  However, you have asked about the contract details which is exactly what I have asked of ID Mobile!

“My father has taken over the phone and is trying to get up to speed, but cannot find the contract details to find out what term is remaining, what he is entitled to etc - or possibility of upgrading the phone. “

We are clearly going to go around in circles unless we know some information, so if you are able to send the contract details to the registered email of this mobile account for security reasons, then we will be able to take the next step.  Alternatively, you can call us on the registered mobile number - as we have had no success in calling you directly as we would like to do.

I have power of attourney for both my parents, so would I be able to request a PAC number?  

Otherwise, what are your working hours - are you able to address this on Sunday for example, when I am next with my father?

Tanya

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @FedUpWithIDMobile,

You would be able to if you can provide the correct documentation upon  request. Would this be possible if we where to drop you a Private message?

Will

I can confirm my father is executor and he will look through their paperwork to see what he can find so we can find out exactly what is in place before making any changes - although the payment is coming from his account.  I will be in touch again in due course, to organise a PAC code if necessary.  Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

No problem @FedUpWithIDMobile,

We’ll leave this topic open for you to reply here for when further assistance is required.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?