Question

Upgrade

• 30 July 2020
  • 1 reply

Upgrade before contract end

Hi.  I would like to upgrade early but my contract does not finish until November.  If I take a new contract with a new phone supplier can I keep my current number?    Alternatively can I pay the remaining months on my contract and then upgrade?

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Steve.moore3 

If it’s November when your existing contract ends, then it wouldn’t be until within 60 days of that contract ending before you’d be able to look at upgrading.

We’d not be able to move one active number from one iD Mobile account to another, so taking a second line would mean you’d be stuck with that new number. 

Unless you were to move your old number away from us, to another network on a simple Pay As You Go SIM.  Then subsequently move that over to your new contract.  Though if you leave an existing contract early, you would face a termination charge (the remaining months of line rental on that contract that runs to November).

The best advise we could give right now would be try to stick it out till your early upgrade window opens in September (or within 60 days of that November date you gave us).

Why iD Mobile?