Solved

Upgrade my Iphone plan to a sim only plan

• 10 October 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi,

My plan will end beginning of December, so i have been offered to upgrade my phone/plan. I want to move to a sim only for now, so can i go ahead and order a £10 sim only now? Will this stop my current plan and can i use the new sim in my current iphone?

Just to add... i dont want to change my current plan, as that would cost me more (i want more data per month), hence the question whether i can upgrade to the new plan...
icon

Best answer by Ryan 12 October 2018, 14:54

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi Jimmy,

Welcome to the iD Community.

If you have the option to upgrade within your account, then you will only be able to upgrade to the plans that are on offer to you through that section.

You would not be able to upgrade to a brand new plan and if you were to take out a brand new SIM only contract, we wouldn't be able to transfer your current number on to it as a same network port is not possible unfortunately.

Is that plan not available when you view your upgrade options?

Ryan
Hi Ryan,

The sim-only deal seems to be one of the update options.... Does that mean i can go ahead? I do want to keep my number!
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @jimmyvansanten,

If the SIM only plan that you want is included within those upgrade options then yes, that would be fine. Your number will remain. :)

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?