Solved

'upgrade' to SIM only deal

• 22 April 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve ‘upgraded’ from a  2 year contract to cover the cost of the phone, to a SIM only deal. Following advice from this forum, I did the upgrade as the old contract finished, as it could not be done before.

Surpisingfly I have received a new SIM in the post. Is this just some silly IDMobile  system glitch, that everyone gets a SIM whether or not they need one? My phone works well on the old SIM. The instructions with the new SIM do not relate to me changing from an existing contract - but are addressed to someone joining IDMobile for the first time.

Clearly IDMobile’s sytsem is faulty as the instructions are wrong for me - can I just bin the new SIM?

icon

Best answer by Pearl_c6 22 April 2020, 18:15

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @rex 

Welcome to iD Community.

Your old SIM should work just fine. So yes, you don’t need to change it.

I have messaged you directly for more information.

Thanks, 

Pearl

Userlevel 1

Thanks Pearl

I’ll assume your advice is correct. Your private message reads: “Please contact our Live chat team who should be able to look into your account for you. https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/contact-us “

But this simply directs me to this forum while the pandemic is on. There seems little point to ask the question again here, when your answer is very clear…..

Thanks for the advice.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @rex 

I have sent you a direct message. 

Regards

Aklima 

Why iD Mobile?