Skip to main content
Solved

renewing contract.

• 1 June 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi all 🙂

So, my contract ends in a few weeks and I want to stay with iD. At the moment I receive 250 GB of data for £14 a month, 12 month contract. On Money Saving Expert there is the same for £12 a month, (the link takes me to iD site) so I want to change to this, but if I go onto iD through my app, this contract does not exist.

So, my question is, do I have to cancel my existing contract when it matures, and then rejoin and go through the whole joining up again, or am I being a tad daft and missing something?

Thanks in advance

Cheers Nick

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @nick bullock 

The deals shown via Money Saving Expert are new customer deals and not upgrades, upgrade deals are separate from new customer deals.

We’d recommend checking the iD Mobile app for upgrade/plan change offers.

Tom

Hi @nick bullock 

The deals shown via Money Saving Expert are new customer deals and not upgrades, upgrade deals are separate from new customer deals.

We’d recommend checking the iD Mobile app for upgrade/plan change offers.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply. It's a bit of a shame that existing and loyal customers appear to be penalized and charged more than a new customer? Surely it would be better to offer existing customers a loyalty deal that is at least equivalent, or better? 

As it is, I got the contract I wanted by first chatting to a person on direct messenger, and when that didn't work because of some glitch you have in your system, someone rang me, and we sorted it out. They managed to give me the contract I wanted, (the actual one that was on your site, but not offered to me as an upgrade???) which I thought was good customer service, although it was all quite a confusing hassle to actually renew my contract that was coming to an end.

I know iD is a discount service and I very much appreciate what you do. In general, it's a great service and one I’m very happy with, once established. I just wish you’d make the renewing bit for an existing customer who doesn't just want their contract to run on, a little clearer and easier to choose something else. 

Thanks

Nick.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey there @nick bullock, thank you for the feedback, we really appreciate that and will take it on-board.

However, we’re glad to hear you received a deal you’re happy with, and we’re glad to hear you’re happy with our services in general. Long may it continue :)

Kind regards,

Tyler