Skip to main content
Solved

upgrad to a new plan

• 7 June 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi there 

I am wondering if you can help me. I am on a monthly sim only deal £10/month, 70GB data, unlimited minutes and text. I have come across a plan on uswitch on that monthly deal is £10/month but data is 110GB. 

Just wanted to ask if you can switch my account to that deal or if I request PAC code and order a new sim from uswitch and enter PAC code there to go onto the new plan which is obviously more cost effective than the current plan.

I am happy with iD mobile and don't want to leave but would like to go on more data plan with the same monthly DD.

For your info, the link is 

https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/sim-only-deal/85a7fa3d546d6c751c39b1b4faf81cb0f9e72984/?position=2&list=compare%2Fsim-only-deals%20-%20promoted&list_loaded_id=526ef622-4cb2-4b92-9d36-9453c35576c6&page=compare%2Fsim-only-deals

Thank you in advance.

Raj Verma

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

Okay @rajverma3135, when you purchase an iD plan through an affiliate (e.g. Uswitch) you will get a new connection the iD network. 

Unfortunately, a PAC can only be used to switch a mobile number from one service provider to a different service provider.

Currently, iD Mobile won’t switch a number from one iD account to another iD account.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @rajverma3135 

As @andewhite suggests above a plan purchased from uswitch (or a similar third party site) would be a completely new connection and not an upgrade to an existing plan, meaning the number wouldn’t be retained.

Further to that, we unfortunately cannot transfer numbers directly from one iD Mobile plan to another, a number transferred to us via PAC code would need to come from a different network.

Tom