Solved

network coverage abroad

• 22 July 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Id boasts of free roaming. Is this because it is actually impossible to use the phone abroad? Recently I was in Hamburg and hoped to find my way around using Google Maps but there was no signal. Other people in the group with different phones were fine.  If it doesn’t work in Hamburg what are the chances of it working in Bishkek?  

icon

Best answer by Rosietheriveter 26 July 2023, 17:16

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Rosietheriveter,

Sorry to hear that.

Were you able to connect to Roaming services at all?

Sounds like Roaming may not have been setup correctly on the device.

Is Roaming turned ON in the iD app/account?

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

I did have Roaming turned on.  I don’t think I was getting any Whatsapp messages through when I was out and about.  (When I was at my hotel I could connect to Wifi and get Google Maps and Whatsapp.)   I wondered if it was to do with ‘Automatically select network’  which is turned on.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Rosietheriveter,

Sounds like “Data Roaming” may have been switched off here in the phone settings. (This is a separate setting you need to toggle).

Were you able to make calls or texts fine when out and about?

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

The ‘Roaming’ which I had turned on was ‘Connect to data services when roaming.’  Are you saying there is another switch called ‘Data Roaming’.  Where would I find this?  

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The ‘Roaming’ which I had turned on was ‘Connect to data services when roaming.’  Are you saying there is another switch called ‘Data Roaming’.  Where would I find this?  

In your iD account online, there’s on option to toggle ROAMING ON/OFF. 

If this is turned OFF in your iD account @Rosietheriveter, your roaming services won’t work.

Userlevel 1

Thank you.  I looked at my account, on my laptop not on the phone, and found that Roaming was switched off. I have switched this on now.  Roaming is still turned off on the actual phone and I will turn it on when I need it.   I shan’t know if this is the answer until I next go abroad, but I hope it is.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thank you.  I looked at my account, on my laptop not on the phone, and found that Roaming was switched off. I have switched this on now.  Roaming is still turned off on the actual phone and I will turn it on when I need it.   I shan’t know if this is the answer until I next go abroad, but I hope it is.  

Thanks, if this option was OFF then this disables all roaming services so hopefully next time you go it should work.

Let us know how you get on next time.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

I will let you know in a few days or - if nothing works abroad - when I get back home. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Rosietheriveter,

Please let us know how you get on.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?