Solved

no services when roaming despite showing 4G

• 15 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi, I’m in Slovenia at the moment. We have 3 bars of signal and 4G showing on the phone but can’t use anything. Same in my wife’s phone too. Any idea why nothing would work? We have been in 6 other countries on this trip with no problems whatsoever. Thanks 

icon

Best answer by Alastair Burt 19 July 2023, 08:31

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Alastair Burt,

Welcome to the Community!

Is roaming enabled on the handset and the iD Mobile account.

Please ensure that you are connected to one of the networks below:

Mobitel or Telemach Mobil, Širokopasovne komunikacije, d.o.o.

You’ll also need to update your APN settings which you can find HERE

Kash

Thanks Kash,

Roaming was on. Both of our phones stopped working at the same time. We had perfect service in the previous 6 countries in our tour. We had changed nothing. The signal was good and we had 4G. Nothing worked at all for 36 hours then all of a sudden both of our phones started to work again. No idea why. Been ok since and we have been through two more countries without a problem. It is now just one of life’s little mysteries!! 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks Kash,

Roaming was on. Both of our phones stopped working at the same time. We had perfect service in the previous 6 countries in our tour. We had changed nothing. The signal was good and we had 4G. Nothing worked at all for 36 hours then all of a sudden both of our phones started to work again. No idea why. Been ok since and we have been through two more countries without a problem. It is now just one of life’s little mysteries!! 

Perhaps @Alastair Burt - fyi, there appeared to be a network issue 4-days ago, which I signalled to iD via their Facebook page, where they replied saying much the same.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Alastair Burt 

There was an issue impacting roaming which later came to light as we received contact from customers in various roaming destinations.

This has now been resolved as you’ve outlined.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?