roaming

Userlevel 1

I found out my number is not working in Egypt, i sometimes have to receive important  calls. I don't know what to do. Is there any phone setting to do to make ot works?

Regards

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Sameh Abdullah,

1. Is roaming ON in your iD My Account online?
  2. Is roaming enabled on your mobile phone?
  3. Is your bill cap big enough to allow you to roam in Egypt?

If you answer NO to any of the above questions, it would explain the issue you’ve got. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your reply.  Roaming is ON in my iD My Account, and Enabled on my mobile phone. I don't know if the cap is big enough !

how do you explain that I'm receiving massages from id and other bank apps 🤔.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

how do you explain that I'm receiving massages from id and other bank apps 🤔.

Okay @Sameh Abdullah, I don’t know what value you’ve set as your bill, but it’ll cost 60 pence to receive an SMS, while you’re roaming in Egypt.

Receiving a call in Egypt will cost you £2.40 per minute - make sure your bill cap is set high enough to allow a call to last 5 minutes or so - maybe?

Userlevel 1

I'm trying to increase the cap, it doesn't let me .

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Oh dear @Sameh Abdullah - are you using the iD App or your iD My Account online?

Anyway, for immediate assistance with this issue get in-touch with iD customer services using the online chat service at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat.

The iD agents work until 8pm (UK time) on weekdays.

There’re also agents working on iD’s facebook and Twitter social media pages - as an alternative.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Sameh Abdullah, I can see that the Facebook team have resolved this for you so we’re closing this thread.

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

Hi Roy it is all done, thanks. I think roaming switch, increased cap is all what was needed.

Regards

Why iD Mobile?