Question

Roaming in Greece

• 7 June 2023
  • 7 replies

I am currently out in Zante and I checked before leaving whether or not Greece is included in 1 of the 50 countries and it is. However, my roaming is not working, I know my roaming is enabled as I’ve used it abroad before multiple times and I’m not sure why it isn’t working. 

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Can you call & text while roaming in Greece (Zante) @Alfie123?

Did you receive a text message from iD about roaming when you arrived in Greece on this occasion?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Alfie123 

Greece is included in our 50 inclusive roaming countries so you should be able to use services there without issue, are texts and calls working?

Have you tried using manual network selection instead of automatic?

Tom

Can you call & text while roaming in Greece (Zante) @Alfie123?

Did you receive a text message from iD about roaming when you arrived in Greece on this occasion?

Yes, I received a message from Id like I normally do when I’m abroad and it said I can roam like you would at home

Hi @Alfie123 

Greece is included in our 50 inclusive roaming countries so you should be able to use services there without issue, are texts and calls working?

Have you tried using manual network selection instead of automatic?

Tom

My data was working fine when I landed but didn’t realise it was using up my bill cap, until I received a message saying I’ve used up 80% of it. I will try manual selection to see if it works. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Alfie123 

Okay, if the bill cap was being used it’s likely you can’t use any more as you’ve reached the cap limit (or using more data would breach the cap limit), have you connected to a network manually in Greece?

Tom

Hi @Alfie123 

Okay, if the bill cap was being used it’s likely you can’t use any more as you’ve reached the cap limit (or using more data would breach the cap limit), have you connected to a network manually in Greece?

Tom

I connected manually to a network in Greece and it started working but it has now stopped working again. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Alfie123 

Have tried other networks? It’s possible the one you’ve manually connected to has weaker signal.

Is it just data that stopped again?

Have you checked the iD Mobile app to ensure you still have allowance?

Tom

Why iD Mobile?