Solved

Turkey - charges for receiving texts

• 2 August 2023
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

Can you clarify if there is a charge for RECEIVING text messages when roaming in TURKEY, there seems to be conflicting information on the website and community? 
Also, is there a charge to receive calls if they are not answered? 
Does voicemail need to be turned off when in Turkey? 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 2 August 2023, 10:38

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’ve never been charged to receive text messages while roaming with my iD SIM card @Stoo75

A call isn’t considered as received if it’s not answered.

I think you’d be charged at the rate for calling the UK from Turkey, if you decided to listen to your voicemail while you’re roaming @Stoo75.

Userlevel 1

Thanks Ande.

I just wish they would make it clearer on the page. It mentions ‘Texts to Turkey £0.60’ i’m assuming now, that means texts to turkish mobiles whilst in Turkey? 

It mentions ‘Calls Received £2.40’, if it said ‘Texts Received £0.00’ it would make everything clearer.

Do you know if you can turn Voicemail off for a week?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I believe you can turn OFF voicemail, if you’re using the iD app, or you login to your “My iD Account” online at https://my.idmobile.co.uk.

There’s an options to do this somewhere - possibly in the Services section.
🤞

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I think “Texts to Turkey £0.60” means any text message sent while you’re roaming in Turkey, to another mobile phone connected to a Turkish mobile network. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks again

It’s a shame Turkey isn’t included, seems to be the only EEA county excluded, and is a very popular holiday destination! Wonder if this will change in the future.

I’ll have to purchase an eSim, probably from EasySim, for data as well as WiFi, which annoyingly the hotel charges for!. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

An eSIM is a good option @Stoo75

I used a data only eSIM when I visited the USA and Australia earlier this year - worked great, and much cheaper for roaming mobile data than using my UK SIM card. 

I thought EEA countries were EU + Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy Turkey.
🍀

Userlevel 1

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Stoo75,

There’s no charge for receiving texts when roaming in any destination.

That’s why it’s not included at all on the lists.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the confirmation Mohammed. 
I did search for receiving text cost, but found nothing, not sure where the info is? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks for the confirmation Mohammed. 
I did search for receiving text cost, but found nothing, not sure where the info is? 

Hey @Stoo75  there’s no charge for receiving texts.

I believe this applies to all UK networks.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?