Skip to main content

I joined ID with a 8gb sim, I’ve been using Wi-Fi. Now all my data has expired after only a few days of joining. How do I complain?

Hey there @Avtar Gill, welcome to Community!

You can make a complaint here:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/complaints-procedure

Thanks,

Tyler

The person on the phone, was very rude and just gave me a pac code. What sort of company is this?????

Telling me my phone was used in jersey. When I said I’m nowhere near jersey, apparently, her system must have a glitch. But the over usage is correct???? 

You said you wanted to leave and ID mobile gave you a PAC as requested. Sounds like good service to me!

Really? So not trying to sort it out first. Makes great sense and stupid business decision. 

I guess iD Mobile doesn’t feel like they have anything to sort out. You used all your data allowance, and you now want iD Mobile to reset your allowance at their expense, which they are not prepared to do.

I’m in birmingham, using my wifi, but most of my data has disappeared. id are saying i was in Jersey, never been there in my life. I’m not asking them to reset it, i want an explanation as to where and who used it in jersey as it wasn’t me. But as your an expert, perhaps you can enlighten me???

But as your an expert, perhaps you can enlighten me???

I don’t have access to customer accounts. This is a community forum, and I am a iD Mobile customer just like you. If you’re unhappy with the service or explanation you have received, then follow the complaints process as instructed by @Tyler.

In the meantime, if you want to try and figure out what happened to your allowance, then maybe try looking at the logs on your device? Both Android and Apple devices are capable of displaying records of data usage. On iOS, go to Settings > Mobile Service and scroll down Mobile Data Usage.

@Avtar Gill - I’ve had a look at your account, the data usage is correct. Maybe you haven't been connected to Wi-Fi as you first thought, or your phone has been switching to Mobile Data. For example on the 17th September you used 5.5GB of data! Thanks.

@Avtar Gill - I’ve had a look at your account, the data usage is correct. Maybe you haven't been connected to Wi-Fi as you first thought, or your phone has been switching to Mobile Data. For example on the 17th September you used 5.5GB of data! Thanks.

Apparently, that was in jersey, at 12.30 am aprox. I was in bed at home, not in jersey. My handset is not new so I know how it works. Never had a data problem . before. Not to worry