Solved

Contract ending in few days

• 22 October 2022
  • 2 replies

My sim only contract is due to end in a couple of days. I am travelling abroad before my contract is finished.

I went over on the app to see my choices and i was given a few upgrades and selected a 1 month sim only rolling contract to carry me on whilst i am away and when i come back i can consider a 12 month plan.

Now my problem is as i will already be travelling would my current sim and current number carry on with the upgraded contract? Or would i be posted a new sim card? 

I already opted in for a upgrade thinking my current sim will continue however now in my order confirmation it is stating i will be updated when my order has been despatched.

Please help.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 22 October 2022, 14:58

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Your existing iD SIM will work, and your number will remain the same with your upgrade contract.

The only reason iD sends out a ‘new’ inactive (blank) SIM card is in case your existing SIM doesn’t fit in the handset you’re using with your upgraded iD plan.

Keep the ‘new’ SIM in a safe place, in case you need to use it one day.

Good luck @Zoha77

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Zoha77 

The above from @andewhite is all correct, you’ll be sent a new SIM but this’ll be blank, as long as it isn’t activated in the iD Mobile app you’ll be able to continue using your old SIM card.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?