Question

Contract phone irreparably broken.

• 13 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello!

I’m mainly writing this so that somebody from the lovely ID team will get in touch with me.

I have broken my phone, (Huawei), from dropping it. Of course this won’t be covered by warrantee. It can in no way be fixed. This is without a doubt.

So of course, I need to buy a new phone. I am happy with my ID contract, and have indeed recommended it to friends. I am wondering if there is any way I can buy a new phone, linked with a contract deal, with IDmobile. My current contract will end around September 2022, and I would be happy to continue, though the reaction to this will obviously play a huge part.

So, my dear people at IDmobile, please give me some way to speak to somebody to see what options are available!

Kind regards,

Conor

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @csug2004 

First up, we’re sorry to hear what happened with your phone there.

If you happen to have any sorts of contents insurance in your name, you could potentially look to see if you make a claim for your phones repair/ replacement under that as an option?

If not, then you would either need to look at having the phone repaired -or- you would need to seek out a replacement phone to make use of your iD SIM in for the duration of your contract.

We do have a bunch of SIM-Free phones listed on our website here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/shop/phones/sim-free

Though your SIM should work fine with any unlocked phone you get your hands on.

If your contract ends in September 2022 then it wouldn’t be until July 2022 that early upgrades would be available to you (they become available within 60 days of a contract ending).

Why iD Mobile?