Question

current IDmib sim contract expired & Ive ordered a new SIM contract

• 31 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi, my current IDmobile sim contract ended Oct 2023. I have found a cheaper sim only only contract aslo with IDmobile and have ordered the sim. My question is once my new sim is installed will i be charged for 2 contracts. What do i need to do to ensure that im only on my new sim contract

3 replies

Userlevel 1

Why don’t you just change over to the new sim contract and keep your old number?

Userlevel 1

You can do it online 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @MarE 

It sounds like you may have ordered a new line, which would be a completely separate contract to the one you already have.

Unfortunately, it isn't possible to move a number directly from one iD Mobile account to another iD Mobile account. We'd require a PAC code from another network to move a number to an account.

In this case, you may be able to try the following triangle port method;

1) Get a PAC code for the number you wish to keep.

2) Purchase a Pay As You Go (PAYG) SIM from any OTHER network.

3) Give your PAC code to the new PAYG SIM provider to transfer your number from iD Mobile to the PAYG network.

4) Once it's been transferred over, this sends your number to the new network on PAYG and cancels your old contract with us automatically, the final bill will be sent via email.

5) Once the number has fully transferred to the PAYG network allow 24 hours and then request a PAC code from them.

6) Transfer your number to the new iD Mobile plan via PAC code at the link below, once the transfer is fully complete your PAYG SIM will be disconnected and the desired number will be on the new iD Mobile account.

https://switching.idmobile.co.uk

Note; With a new iD Mobile account, you'll need to register a new iD Mobile app/website account to using an email address that hasn't been used previously to register.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?