Solved

Difference between sim card only one month or 12 month option

• 5 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

My contract is coming to an end and wish to upgrade to SIM only.  What is the difference between 12 and 1 month SIM options when they are the same monthly price of £6? If I select 1 month,  will have have to renew at the end of each month? 

Also can I be assured I will keep my same mobile number provided I login into my account to order the SIM? 

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 26 September 2022, 14:24

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Mel908 

The different in the 12 month and 1 month options are the contract length!

If you select a 1 month (occasionally referred to as a monthly rolling plan) this means you’ll only be tied into that plan and price for 1 month, after that 1 month the plan will continue until the account holder decides to do something with it. Upgrade it, change the plan, cancel etc

If you select a 12 month plan it’ll be the same as the above except you’ll be tied into the plan and price for 12 months! Typically if you’re willing to be tied in for longer, deals will be cheaper per month and you might get a little more for your money.

You’ll keep keeping your number as long as you’re processing an upgrade and not a new plan!

Tom

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the guidance and your helpful response. Will now proceed with my upgrade. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks for the guidance and your helpful response. Will now proceed with my upgrade. 

If you do need further support, let us know here!

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?