Question

How can I resolve the 'your details did not match' when trying to upgrade my phone?

• 12 September 2022
  • 4 replies

I’ve tried to arrange an upgrade to a new phone several times now over a period of a few months. I get to what i assume is the last stage of the process, when it requests: “To confirm your identity, we need to take a 1p from your debit or credit card’. Once my card information has been entered, i then get the message:

‘Oops, it looks like your details may not match. Please ensure your card is registered to the billing address and name you entered on the details page’

I’m not sure how this can be resolved, as the details regarding my billing address and name match up exactly, right down to the capitalisations. Has anyone else had this problem and managed to fix it? Grateful for any response/help.

Thanks.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yeah, most likely problem is (minor) mis-match with the name & address you’ve entered and the card’s registered name & address.

You could try and upgrade through the iD telephone sales team by calling 020-7139-1397.

Good luck @David Rhys Hughes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @David Rhys Hughes 

If you’re sure all the details are correct I’d recommend also making sure that the delivery and billing address are the same if possible!

As @andewhite suggests if you’re still having issues I’d recommend contacting our sales team on 0207 1391 397.

Tom

I’m having the same issue. My details are definitely correct 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @StacyD,

If you are entering your postcode with a space, try removing this.

If it’s without, try entering one.

This could be the reason it’s advising of the issue.

Make sure the card details match the address on the account.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?