Solved

New sim for an upgraded plan?

• 12 July 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve upgraded to a new sim-only plan and according to my dashboard, the new plan is operational. However, I’ve been sent a new sim card: do I need to use this?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 12 July 2023, 14:34

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Only if your existing iD SIM doesn’t fit in the handset you’re using with your new SIM only plan from iD Mobile, @LanguedocFox.  

Userlevel 1

Thanks Andy. I’ve not changed my handset or SIM card, just upgraded my call package. I’ll put the new SIM in a drawer and forget about it.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yeah @LanguedocFox, probably the best place for it - I think iD Mobile send out a new SIM card in case the existing SIM doesn’t fit in the handset being used with the upgraded iD plan. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @LanguedocFox,

Welcome to the Community!

We hope that the information that @andewhite provided answered your question. If you still need any assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Only if your existing iD SIM doesn’t fit in the handset you’re using with your new SIM only plan from iD Mobile, @LanguedocFox.  

Thanks Andewhite. Perfectly clear, but not sure what the button is for “most helpful” , but it was! Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @LanguedocFox,

Looks like the post is already marked as Most Helpful so no worries about that.

We will hopefully be stopping sending replacement SIMs for SIM only upgrades in the near future.

We’ve already stopped doing this with handset upgrades.

Mohammed

I have also rtecently upgraded and have received a sim which i do not need.  Can i ask if it is possible to use this sim to set up an extra additional new contract for use in a 4g router?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I have also rtecently upgraded and have received a sim which i do not need.  Can i ask if it is possible to use this sim to set up an extra additional new contract for use in a 4g router?

The iD SIM you received is not activated, so it won’t work until activated @Looie

It might be possible to use it, if you can find a way of activating the SIM card that doesn’t cause your existing iD SIM card to be deactivated.

You only received a SIM card, when you upgraded, just in case your existing SIM didn’t fit in the handset you planned to use with your upgraded contract.

The iD SIM you received is not activated, so it won’t work until activated @Looie

It might be possible to use it, if you can find a way of activating the SIM card that doesn’t cause your existing iD SIM card to be deactivated.

You only received a SIM card, when you upgraded, just in case your existing SIM didn’t fit in the handset you planned to use with your upgraded contract.

Thanks for the response.  Like you say, i was not sure whether it would disconnect my phone so i think the best idea would be to order a new sim

Thanks

Why iD Mobile?