Solved

no network on new phone

• 4 March 2023
  • 7 replies

my son got his upgrade handset a few days ago. He transferred his SIM from old handset but there is no mobile network, he can’t make or receive calls or use data. He thinks his number hasn’t transferred to his new handset - HELP. I’ve tried the online chat function but it’s always busy - really poor service ID Mobile. We are really not happy at all

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 6 March 2023, 14:06

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

BTW if I don’t get a reply and get this sorted I’ll be posting a negative message on social media as it’s rubbish not to have a customer service number and not answer online chat - POOR SERVICE

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Emma Abrahamson,

We’re not a Live Chat service here and our Community Service isn’t worked over Weekends.

I’m sorry for the delayed reply on this.

If you upgraded to a handset contract, no new SIM would be sent and you’ll carry on using your old SIM.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Hi there, I have the same exact problem. My old handset stopped having network service yesterday. However, I knew the new handset was in the post as I’ve signed on to another contract with ID. I received the phone today and moved the SIM card over, and have done all the little things the web suggests. Turning on and off, airplane mode, manually selecting ID. I still have no service.

And, when you go on the app to try and sort through something, it sends a text to the phone number, which does not work because you have no service. It’s frustrating to have a new phone and contract and not be able to get a text or phone call on the handset. Anything else that we can do? Any help would be appreciated. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi there, I have the same exact problem. My old handset stopped having network service yesterday. However, I knew the new handset was in the post as I’ve signed on to another contract with ID. I received the phone today and moved the SIM card over, and have done all the little things the web suggests. Turning on and off, airplane mode, manually selecting ID. I still have no service.

And, when you go on the app to try and sort through something, it sends a text to the phone number, which does not work because you have no service. It’s frustrating to have a new phone and contract and not be able to get a text or phone call on the handset. Anything else that we can do? Any help would be appreciated. 

How many iD contracts do you have there @SCHRISTI

Did you get a new SIM card with the new handset you ordered with the “another contract with iD”? 

Same SIM card. We have three contracts in total. But only one with this phone number. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @SCHRISTI, did you get a new SIM card with the new handset you ordered with the “another contract with iD”? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @SCHRISTI,

Just checking if you received the new SIM card?

If you still require assistance, please let us know and we can help you out.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?