Solved

Porting number from one iD contract to another

Userlevel 1

Hi there,

My contract was up for renewal and I went looking for a new good deal. The one that I eventually landed on was an iD contract again.

What is the process for me to move my number over to the new contract? I’m hoping it’s a pretty straightforward swap since it’s in the same provider!

Thanks

icon

Best answer by andewhite 2 March 2023, 19:14

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately, transferring your number within the same service provider isn’t at all easy @scallaway.

Try the following steps - needed because iD DO NOT allow you to transfer a number from one iD plan to another iD plan. 

1. Get a PAC from iD, for the number you want to keep @scallaway
  2. Give the PAC obtained in step 1 to a PAYG service provider, and wait until the number you want to keep has been transferred.
  3. Get a PAC from the PAYG service provider for the number you want to keep.
  4. Give the PAC obtained in step 3 to iD to use with the iD plan you want to keep.

Good luck @scallaway

Userlevel 1

Unfortunately, transferring your number within the same service provider isn’t at all easy @scallaway.

Oh that’s very annoying - a real shame because I didn’t want to move away since I really enjoy the service that iD provides!

I will give the PAYG setup a try - thanks for the insight!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @scallaway

To keep your number and get a new contract you’d look at upgrading the old contract.

Purchasing a new contract is a separate new connection and we don’t support inter-network ports.

But the triangle port option should work.

You will need to re-register for an iD account on the new contract though and your old username can’t be re-used.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

@Mohammed
Thanks for that additional info.

I’ve had another look at the upgrade options and have found a contract that is much closer to the value of the new SIM that I got compared to the previous options that I had.

I see that you’ve dealt with cancellations before, and I should be within the cooling off period of the new contract, could you please advise me on how I can cancel that so I can continue with the upgrade process?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @scallaway,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

hi, I want to upgrade but ID can’t offer same deal as mobiles.co.uk even though it is on the ID network. I want to stay with network but switch contact to Mobiles auk, how do I keep my number?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

hi, I want to upgrade but ID can’t offer same deal as mobiles.co.uk even though it is on the ID network. I want to stay with network but switch contact to Mobiles auk, how do I keep my number?

Okay @CMMYLETT, unfortunately even though mobiles.co.uk will sell you a new iD SIM card (with airtime plan) you can’t transfer a mobile number from one iD plan to another iD plan.

If you’ve got an iD number you want to keep with your new iD SIM airtime plan, you’ll need to do the following:

1. Get a PAC from iD, for the mobile number you want to keep. 
  2. Give the PAC obtained in step 1 to a PAYG service provider (e.g. giffgaff), and wait until the number you want to keep has been transferred and works with the new provider.
  3. Get a PAC from the PAYG service provider in step 2, for the number you want to keep.
  4. Give the PAC obtained in step 3 to iD to use with the iD plan you want to keep.

Good luck @CMMYLETT

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @CMMYLETT,

We hope that your query is resolved but if you require further assistance, please let us.

Kash

Hi I have got a new contract out my old contract end date is the 16th of July does this means I will be paying for 2 different contracts now 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Emma Lawlor 

Did you upgrade or buy a new contract?

Did you get a new number?

If you got a new number you’ve purchased a new, separate contract, you will be paying for 2 plans.

If you’ve upgraded it’s the same 1 account.

Tom

Okay @CMMYLETT, unfortunately even though mobiles.co.uk will sell you a new iD SIM card (with airtime plan) you can’t transfer a mobile number from one iD plan to another iD plan.

If you’ve got an iD number you want to keep with your new iD SIM airtime plan, you’ll need to do the following:

1. Get a PAC from iD, for the mobile number you want to keep. 
  2. Give the PAC obtained in step 1 to a PAYG service provider (e.g. giffgaff), and wait until the number you want to keep has been transferred and works with the new provider.
  3. Get a PAC from the PAYG service provider in step 2, for the number you want to keep.
  4. Give the PAC obtained in step 3 to iD to use with the iD plan you want to keep.

Good luck @CMMYLETT

Hi @andewhite  I have the same issue so I will try this. However, what do you do with your old ID accounts? I have one that I want to keep the phone number of.. obviously I will now have to port that to an PAYG then port back to ID on the new contract I want to keep. Do I need to set up a new account for the new contract and delete the old account with the old phone number I’m porting or will it automatically be discontinued after porting the numbers?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi @andewhite  I have the same issue so I will try this. However, what do you do with your old ID accounts? I have one that I want to keep the phone number of.. obviously I will now have to port that to an PAYG then port back to ID on the new contract I want to keep. Do I need to set up a new account for the new contract and delete the old account with the old phone number I’m porting or will it automatically be discontinued after porting the numbers?

Using a PAC from an iD account, will close the account linked with the PAC request @Holly098
Once the number has been ported away from iD, the iD account is disconnected and closed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Holly098 

The old iD Mobile plan would cancel automatically after the number is ported via PAC code to another network.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?