Solved

SIM card upgrade

• 26 January 2021
  • 3 replies

At the present time I am looking to upgrade on my present SIM card only deal to a SIM card deal with more GB - when changing last time the PC world personnel changed all the phone numbers from sim to sim - now that PC world is closed how are all the details changed from sim to sim????

icon

Best answer by Kevin 27 January 2021, 14:04

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Peteh86 

If you’re on a rolling 30-day SIM only contract currently.  Then you should be able to look at Plan Changes from within your iD Mobile Account (either on our website or through the iD Mobile App).

If you haven’t already.  First register your iD Mobile account on our webiste here: https://my.idmobile.co.uk/web/cpw/pre-registration/-/registration/registerMyAccount (or simply log in to your existing account if that is already done).

Look for something along the lines of “Change my Plan” whilst logged in and you should be able to select from a few different deals that are available to you.

If you’re having any trouble with that, or if I’m mistaken in what you meant originally then just back to us here and we’ll help further as best we can.

Thanks for the earlier reply, another question is as follows:-

If I change my plan online as you have stated, say from 20GB per to 50GB per month is the sim card renewed or is the additional GB added to the existing sim card online only??? - Therefore I do not have to change all the contacts etc>>>>>

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hello again @Peteh86 

If you follow the “Change my Plan” options within the iD Mobile app (or by logging into your account on our website). 

Then you’ll continue as you were using that old SIM, but in the background your tariff would automatically refresh on our end.

You would lose any data roll-over when doing a plan-change, and your allowances may be on a pro-rata amount just until your next billing month comes along.

So as an easy example.  If you switched from a 0GB plan to a 50gb exactly half way through a billing cycle.  Then you’d only have 25GB to use until the date your next billing month started.

That would be detailed in your iD Mobile App (how much data you have) though.  You would only ever pay a part-amount too if you were only on the plan for a short part of the month.

Why iD Mobile?