Question

Unusable add ons

• 13 March 2021
  • 3 replies

I had a limited SIM only plan that I purchased an add on for. It didn't show up on my account so I thought it had failed so I tried again, then both were added to my account. I then decided to upgrade to an unlimited plan, so I now have 2 unusable add ons of 10 Gb each. I also have a second limited sim contract, so is it possible to get the unusable add ons switched over to my second contract?  

Thanks for any assistance anyone can provide.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @NOSwizard 

From the sounds of it you’ve purchased a second (new) SIM rather than upgrading your existing plan.

If the add-ons you’ve purchased by mistake have gone unused we may (as a goodwill gesture) be able to transfer the funds you’ve paid for them onto your new account, but would you be happy for us to cancel your old account (and thus lose your old number)?

-or-

Would you rather we cancel your new account, and you can look to do a plan change on your old account (retaining your old number).

We’ll send you a private message on here now to take some further details, so please let us know which option you’d prefer in a reply to that message there.

Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

Hi Kevin thanks for your reply but you haven’t understood my situation correctly, so I’ll try to edit my original post to make it a bit clearer for you;

I started out with a limited SIM only plan that I reached the data limit on so I purchased an add on for. It didn't show up on my account as quickly as i expected/needed so I thought the purchase had failed, so I repeated the purchase process and then both showed up on my account.

I then decided to upgrade that sim plan to an unlimited plan, before I started to use the add ons and because I switched to an unlimited plan, I will never use the add ons on that sim number. I’m therefore left with 2 unusable add ons of 10 Gb each that I paid for that are now being wasted.

One of these was due to the slow processing of the ID add on purchase procedure, so I would have thought I’d be entitled to a refund on that one at least but I’d be willing to accept an alternative arrangement if its possible for both add ons.

A little while later I bought ANOTHER sim only plan for a second phone, which has a data limit of 50 Gb which I frequently exceed. Therefore my simple question is this, is it possible to get the unusable add ons from my unlimited sim contract/number, transferred over to my second limited sim contract/number?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @NOSwizard 

Thank you for explaining that. Someone from our back office team will respond to your Private Message so they can help with this. Thank you for your continued patience.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?