Solved

Upgraded - do I need to use the new SIM?

Show first post

30 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @gruntfutuk,

We’ll be picking up via PM further so any issues, just message us there.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

I’ve just done an upgrade (sim only plan), from £16 per month unlimited data (expired 12 month contract) to £8 per month 20Gb data (monthly rolling plan). Was very confusing at first, and a large DPD van delivered a new sim (apparently from Currys) this morning (Sunday), a sim I am not going to be using (what a waste of time, effort, fuel).

It took around 24 hours for the account information in the app to update to show I was on the new plan, although with the unlimited data running until nearly a month from now as I’ve just entered a new billing period when I changed plan.

I was confused by the upgrade process (including associated emails) telling me iD were sending me a new sim and was thinking would have to change the sim over and then transfer the number (iD to iD, which I guess wouldn’t work). Was wondering if I could use a replacement sim option. However, it looks like I don’t need to. Will find out in a few weeks, I guess.

Userlevel 1

I upgraded my mobile on Saturday 4th June 2022.

Since Monday 6th June 2022 my mobile had DIED.

It is fully charged.

I can’t phone anyone or receive calls.

I can’t text anyone or receive any texts.

HELP

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi,

Please can you advise which handset you are using now and the old handset and we can advise further on saving contacts?

Can you try the SIM in a different handset and advise if the SIM works in there?

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi, I have just upgraded from my £6 p/m for 2gb to £8 p/m for 20gb. Will I need to wait for a new sim, or will it just appear on my account?

Hey Belle , literally exact same question I just asked ,thanks and the best of luck to your dreams, x

Why iD Mobile?