Solved

waiting for an upgrade time

• 14 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Why do we have to wait 6 months to upgrade? This is ridiculous. I've bought SIM with 1 month long contract to just check if I like it. I liked it, so I want to sign a long term contract getting a new phone. But I can't, I have to wait six months.  Meanwhile a new user, who is just switching from another provider, can sign a new contract right now. What's the point of this waiting time? Especially, it discourages from staying, since at this point I can just leave and sign a contract with another network.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 15 March 2023, 15:18

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You sound disappointed with iD Mobile @CampVagn.

The iD processes and procedures around upgrades are cast in-stone. If you’re not happy, it might be time to leave their network and go elsewhere as you said. Anyway, good luck whatever you decide.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Why do we have to wait 6 months to upgrade? This is ridiculous. I've bought SIM with 1 month long contract to just check if I like it. I liked it, so I want to sign a long term contract getting a new phone. But I can't, I have to wait six months.  Meanwhile a new user, who is just switching from another provider, can sign a new contract right now. What's the point of this waiting time? Especially, it discourages from staying, since at this point I can just leave and sign a contract with another network.

Hey @CampVagn,

New contracts require a credit check, Upgrades don’t.

We need the 6-months so we can build a payment history which goes towards your profile so we know what upgrades to offer you.

This is why a new customer can join straight to x contract but someone wanting to upgrade needs to wait.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

@andewhite But the thing is I wasn’t disappointed with iD Mobile. Convenient app showing my usage, minimum hassle, data rollover, good price and they use Three network which means I don’t have any problems with internet wherever I use it (mostly at work). I liked it to the point I wanted to sign a long term contract. And they’re offering me less than to a new customer. I’m leaving in 3 days, but on good terms. As I said, I liked it. But now I feel it’s time to test another provider.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @CampVagn,

If you do require any assistance in the future please let us know and we would be happy to help.

I’m glad to hear that you were happy with the network we provided.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?