Skip to main content

I needed support from ID mobile to change my address but, the only way I could find to contact them was via the ID Mobile Community so I put a message on this site. I was contacted by someone from the community telling me to text my query to a number and they would be able to help me. I did that and that's when the scam started. 

A guy rang to say he could help. He took my details and said he would process the change of address. Then he rang back to say he was having a problem with my account and he needed to re-register me on their system with my new address. Then he rang again and said he needed to process a small charge to my account as security, which would be refunded within 48 hours. 
In order for him to assure me that they were genuine, he quoted my bank account number and sort code to me which I had given to ID Mobile. Because of that, I believed he was genuine. 

Later he rang and said he wanted to apologise for the inconvenience and wanted to send me a gift. The next day I received an iPhone. Then he rang again to say it had been sent to me by mistake and it was meant for another customer, and that my gift had gone to that customer by mistake. He said I had to send it back to them and they would get my gift sent to me from the other customer.  

But, in between I have tried ringing back the various phone numbers he rang me from, but they are either dead or just ring out with no answer. I put the numbers on to the 'Who Rang Me' website and most of the phone nos are marked as residential premises. The packing slip inside the package was addressed to me from O2 so my husband rang O2 and they said they had no record of me or the phone. The charge to my bank account was from O2 UK Pay as you Go. I looked this up online and there are lots of stories about scams showing this name. When I had mentioned to the guy that the charge showed up as O2 he said that was right, I'd Mobile collaborated with O2. 

Besides the stress of this situation, i am very concerned and anxious that someone has gained access to my bank account details. The scammers quoted my bank account that is only used for my mobile phone bills. So that clearly points to my personal data having been leaked via ID mobile.
I have tried to ring ID Mobile without success. I tried the Live Chat which they say is the best and quickest way to talk to them but, when I went to start a new Chat it said there was an estimated waiting time of 60 minutes. I have tried to Google how to make a complaint to them and on the web page I found they say to 'click on the button below to fill out a form' but the button is to 'see our complaints code of practice' so I cannot contact them that way either. 

I have never felt so disgusted and frustrated. I believe ID Mobile is in breach of protecting my data and I would like someone to investigate. 

These people keep ringing all day every day. They have rung me from 13 different numbers and keep pestering me that they are sending me a gift, but I have to return the iPhone to them first. When I said no, it's not my mistake, I want them to send my gift first to me, they start threatening that I have to pay for the iPhone. My husband spoke to them on my behalf on one occasion and they started shouting at him down the phone. 

iD Mobile are not to blame, you are! You replied to some random person that messaged you via a community forum pretending to be an employee.

Have you reported this to the police? If not, you should. You also need to speak with O2 and try and get whatever transaction or contract that scammer setup canceled under whatever cooling-off period O2 has.

iD Mobile are not to blame, you are! You replied to some random person that messaged you via a community forum pretending to be an employee.

Have you reported this to the police? If not, you should. You also need to speak with O2 and try and get whatever transaction or contract that scammer setup canceled under whatever cooling-off period O2 has.

Please read the post carefully, this person had my bank details already - they read them out to me - so, yes I'd mobile are to blame. And, as I said, I already contacted O2! Someone gave out my personal data and it could only have been ID or one of their employees. Can someone give me any useful help. 

I do not think you will get any help from ID mobile as I only joined  2 days ago and I’m already going to leave and go back to Voxi. ID Mobile are just appalling and no help whatsoever as their sim just messed up with all my new iPhone settings from no FaceTime to no iMessages to sometimes no recognition of my number so  no text messages and sometimes phone calls! I threatened to go public with a transcript I have from my chat with one of their agents when bingo I got a PAC  code which before hand I was told could not be given due to on going technical reasons!!! They are a shocking terrible provider and should not have a licence I told them I would report them to OFCOM which really upset them ! If I could rate them it would be MINUS -10000000!!