Question

Account Ownership

• 15 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi, I note from other forum posts there is no way to change ownership on account. Im just wondering if this will ever be a possibility. If not would I be able to transfer my current number to a sim only plan and get a new number for my current plan and pay for both? Reason being is my number that I ported from giffgaff many years ago is in my uncles name as I was unable to get accepted as I had just turned 18. I don't mind paying for both if I can transfer my own number into a sim only plan. 

Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @ZakRTID 

Right now there is no plans for the change of ownership measures to change.  The primary reason for this is due to credit checks that are done on the named purchaser at the time of starting any new account.

The only option around the name change would be for the person who wants that number in their own name to purchase a SIM with another provider, and have the number ported from your account, to theirs.

They’d always be welcome to buy an iD SIM in their own name, and then move the number (from another provider) over to us though.

Why iD Mobile?