Solved

How to get new password when the security code is no available

• 28 May 2023
  • 9 replies

My son dropped his phone and I’ve replaced it again. It looks like a need a replacement sim card ( different size) and I can’t order one without signing into my account. Unfortunately I’ve forgotten my password (I’m 70 and losing most things fast) To reset it I need the security code which is being sent to my phone number which is not working. How do I solve this chicken and egg situation?

Any help would be apricated - I can’t even cancel and start afresh with a new account and sim card.

Ken Wood    

icon

Best answer by Graeme66 28 May 2023, 13:53

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 2

Can you not get a reply by email on a laptop computer or a tablet  you can also get a sim holder which makes your sim bigger so if you have the smallest sim then you will have two holders to make the sim fit correctly just choose which you need usually your sim has them fitted so you pop out the correct size you need to fit your phone 

Still not had a reply from ID Mobile to my emails - I’ve found an old sim holder and it looks to fit but I think the sim it self is not working and needs replacing. Thank for trying to help. Ken 

Userlevel 2

If there is no network name on your phone then the sim is probably not working other than that could you not go into your nearest currys store / carphone warehouse they could probably help you also you still should receive emails even if the sim is broke  as long as its connected to wifi

The phone is on-line with the house wi-fi. Where should the network name appear?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @woodtyke,

For password resets the codes go to the SIM.

In this case, you need to put the SIM Card in a phone in order to recieve the text.

If this is not working, you can pick up a free replacement via Currys (or we can send one out) which can be activated and then reset this way.

Once you’ve logged in you can put it back into the WiFi device.

Mohammed

Thanks . I'll try again after tea but will not get to Curry's till Wednesday.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @woodtyke,

Please let us know how you get on.

If required we can send you a PM to send one in the post.

Kash

All working now thanks to a very nice man in Curry’s Keighley. Thank to one and all

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @woodtyke 

Glad to hear that, let us know if you need assistance with anything else.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?