Solved

I have two accounts and need to register both on the iD Mobile App

• 29 November 2022
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

I have two accounts (2 phone numbers) both under my name and paid by me. I want to separate them so that one stays with me but the other becomes the responsibility of my wife who has one of the numbers. How do I do that?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 1 December 2022, 11:49

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Your wife will need to register for her own online “My iD Account”.

The iD SIM she uses will be linked to her “My iD Account”.

Good luck @Mo55555

Userlevel 1

When I try the details are not accepted. Maurice

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Oh @Mo55555, they’ll need to match the details you gave to iD Mobile when you initially purchased your wife’s iD plan.

Userlevel 1

I bought a plan for myself and then added a second number to the same plan - the one used by my wife - the one I now need to separate from mine. She never had a plan.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Mo55555, you cannot have two numbers in the same iD plan. This is a limitation of the systems at iD Mobile.

I assume you’ve already registered online to manage your own mobile number (iD plan).

You’ll need to register the iD plan (mobile number), used by your wife, online too.

Userlevel 1

Woops! Told you wrong. I have two plans but I pay both. Just need to change the name and the means of paying for my wife’s number. Help appreciated andewhite. Maurice

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Mo55555, you’ll need to speak to an iD agent to get this sorted. I’m not an iD employee and cannot look at the accounts in question.

So wait here for an iD moderator to offer assistance in a few days time, or:

• Use the iD web chat service at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat to speak to an iD agent (they work until 8pm Mon-Fri).
  • Use Facebook Messenger to send iD a private message.
  • Use Twitter to send iD a direct message (private).
  • Create an online account for the iD plan bought for your wife and do it online.

🤞🤞🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Mo55555 

If the plan(s) are in your name they’ll both need separate iD Mobile accounts registered via the iD Mobile app/website using the account holders details, regardless of who uses the SIM card, anything on the account would be in the account holder’s details.

If both plans are in your name the only different piece of information to use when signing up would be the phone number.

We unfortunately wouldn’t be able to change the name on an existing iD Mobile account, if someone would like an account in their own name they would need to apply and purchase a plan for themselves, although you will be able to change the direct debit/banking details to whatever you prefer in the iD Mobile app.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Thanks Tom, what I plan to do is cancel the plan with my wife’s number and set up a separate new account for her.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks Tom, what I plan to do is cancel the plan with my wife’s number and set up a separate new account for her.

Hello @Mo55555,

Thanks for clarifying that.

We’ll send you a PM so we can cancel the plan she uses and you can then she can purchase a new contract in her name with a new number.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?