Solved

Port has not completed and can't register?

• 8 August 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, I’m new customer, or I’m supposed to be. Phone should have ported from PlusNet yesterday but hasn’t. I’ve got all of my information (Service pin, account, ID mobile no, Pin etc) but it doesn’t recognise my email address (even though they are using it to send me stuff through), either phone number or password to let me set up an account and when I try to register, the security code doesn’t come through to either my Plusnet or ID sim. i have a signal through ID. Tried help chat but permanently unavailable.

How am I supposed to resolve any of this. How hard do they want to make it to be  new customer??

Any humans who can help tell me what I’m supposed to do next please

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 10 August 2023, 14:20

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @RB1959, this online iD community isn’t live chat, and the iD staff have posted elsewhere in this forum that their replies to user posts could take 72-hours. 

You can talk to iD customer service using Facebook Messenger, Twitter (X) DM, or online iD live chat. The agents work until 8pm on weekdays. 

If your plusnet SIM card is still active, it sounds like your number transfer hasn’t happened yet though. 
🤔

Userlevel 1

Thanks @andewhite Unfortunately live chat just refers me to the generic helps which are no help at all. Tried X but no response. Tried FB but no response. Even tried complaints but link on website doesn’t work and found a phone number for complaints only but permanently on hold. If they have no interest in helping a new customer join then it doesn’t fill me with confidence for what happens after. Are there any humans at all in the company?

Userlevel 1

Just had a message from iD to tell me i have a private message but when I click the link it tells me I’m not authorised! Impossible to communicate with this outfit!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately, iD Mobile don’t have a telephone support helpline @RB1959

They’re proundly 100% online for help & support. 

Userlevel 1

I understand the 100% online approach which would be great if it actually worked but if I can’t register or access my account and am effectively locked out, how am I supposed to engage. Can’t even cancel because I can’t access my account. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

In my experience, privately talking to iD customer service using Facebook Messenger, or Twitter (X) DM has worked most effectively - I’ve found iD live chat isn’t reliable.

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @RB1959,

We haven’t sent any private message so it’s possible this was sent by another user.

That said, I have now followed you and will send you a PM to look into this further for you.

Use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

All sorted now. Facebook Messenger is the best way to communicate with iD

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @RB1959,

Glad to hear that this is resolved.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?