Solved

Returning customer - cannot register against old account

• 11 August 2020
  • 34 replies

Show first post

34 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I can’t believe this same issue is still in place 2 years after the first query on this! I’ve had to request a data protection deletion of all my details to be able to register with my only email address, this should really be a simple fix to either let people reactivate an account when rejoining or when people leave the account should be automatically deleted rather than just deactivated.

Hey @Meryvn,

I understand your frustruation and it’s definitely something we’ve fed back regarding usernames.

I do hope it’s something that can be changed soon.

Whilst it may seem simple, these things are often alot more complicated when taking into account how systems work in the background and numerous changes required to implement them.

Mohammed

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Mark J Colly 

As we’ve mentioned a new iD Mobile account would require a new iD Mobile app/website account too, you’ll need to register again if you’ve left and then come back to us later.

If you’d like to submit a subject access request, I’d recommend the following link;

https://privacyportal-de.onetrust.com/webform/fcbd696d-c14f-408d-b001-5765158c26f8/857a80ef-f496-40e2-adcb-91c40f492f50

Tom

I have the same issue. Been on a contract for a couple of years now but cannot access my account details online or on idmobile app. It still brings up my old contract that I closed in 2020!!!

I see this post status is set to ‘solved’ yet the problem still remains. It is not conceivable that idmobile expects customers to create new email addresses purely for their system because they are incapable of managing accounts properly for returning customers. 

besides it doesn’t even allow you to do so because you are asked to enter the mobile number first and if ported links back to the old account and creates an error. 

come on idmobile. This has been a problem for years and still not resolved!!!

I just want to be able to see my account and billing details which by law you are obliged to allow!!! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @sangstar5,

Welcome back! As your email address has already been used as the username for a previous account, you will need to use a different email address as the username for the new account. You can still use the old email address for contact purposes however; this affects the username only.

Ryan

Just wondering how I get rid of old account from 2016 as when I log in on new one it keeps taking me to the old one

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Just wondering how I get rid of old account from 2016 as when I log in on new one it keeps taking me to the old one

You’ll need to reregister to link your new iD contract with an online iD account @John Pitchford, which means you’ll need a new username (email address) to regregister.

Unfortunately, this is a limitation of systems used by iD Mobile system, meaning a unique username is needed for each online iD account, and an online account cannot be linked to multiple iD contracts.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

HI @SP1 

We have sent you a Private Message to help with this. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Mark J Colly,

Welcome to the Community!

You’ll need to register your account under a new email address.

As advised you can’t register with an email that has been used in the past, even if the account is closed.

Please click HERE and you can register your account.

If you require assistance or still have issues, please let us know and we will PM you.

Kash

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @ohmy21,

Unfortunately a new email address would need to be used for a new account.

Sorry to hear that she had to go elsewhere.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?