Solved

Why when I try to login it goes to Japan?

• 21 February 2023
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

If I try to login on ID Mobile website the characters change to Japanese, yet if I login via the email that ID set me it is fine?

This is what I see

認証に失敗しました。もう一度お願いします。

icon

Best answer by Stoddy61 25 February 2023, 09:24

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Stoddy61,

We don’t set up an account when you join, this needs to be done manually as you need to register.

Can you clarify what you mean by “via the email that iD set me”

Do you have the same issues via the app?

Mohammed

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If I try to login on ID Mobile website the characters change to Japanese, yet if I login via the email that ID set me it is fine?

This is what I see

認証に失敗しました。もう一度お願いします。

If you login from the “My iD Account” link on community website (https://community.idmobile.co.uk/), you’ll be using this odd URL:

https://my.idmobile.co.uk/ja/web/cpw 

Ja for Japan - not sure what iD Mobile are doing here, but I alerted them months ago.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @Stoddy61 , @andewhite ,

Not sure how that happened but it should be sorted now. If you’re still experiencing the issue, please clear your cache/cookies and try again.

Good spot @andewhite.

Thanks,

Kieran

Userlevel 1

Nope still have the issue, it even comes up in Japanese when I enter a password and finally comes back with 

I was on live chat with someone the other day and did not understand why it was happening and passed the issue onto ID Mobile Tech support and I was told that I would here from them within 48 Hrs, but as yet nothing.

Userlevel 1

I have just installed the app and everything went without a hitch, so it appears that the issue is with the website.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Nope still have the issue, it even comes up in Japanese when I enter a password and finally comes back with 

I was on live chat with someone the other day and did not understand why it was happening and passed the issue onto ID Mobile Tech support and I was told that I would here from them within 48 Hrs, but as yet nothing.

Do you have the link (URL) that goes with your above screen-shot @Stoddy61

Userlevel 1

Sorry no, since I installed the app on the phone I no longer have the issue and can login via the website without getting the error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Stoddy61 

Are you getting the issue in any case now or has it cleared up?

Tom

Userlevel 1

Thanks all for the help. It appears that when I tried to login via the website I got the strange Japanese error, but when I installed the app on the phone and logged in everything went well, so when I went back and logged in via the website the error I previously got was gone and everything is now fine. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks all for the help. It appears that when I tried to login via the website I got the strange Japanese error, but when I installed the app on the phone and logged in everything went well, so when I went back and logged in via the website the error I previously got was gone and everything is now fine. 

That’s very odd indeed.

I’m pleased to hear that the error has fixed itself now.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?